Wednesday 10 January 2007

Johari Window


Known to SelfNot Known to Self
Known to Othersopen blind
Not Known to Othershidden unknown
The Johari Window, named after the first names of its inventors, Joseph Luft and Harry Ingham, is one of the most useful models describing the process of human interaction. A four paned "window," as illustrated above, divides personal awareness into four different types, as represented by its four quadrants: open, hidden, blind, and unknown. The lines dividing the four panes are like window shades, which can move as an interaction progresses.

1. The "open" quadrant represents things that both I know about myself, and that you know about me.

2. The "blind" quadrant represents things that you know about me, but that I am unaware of.

3. The "hidden" quadrant represents things that I know about myself, that you do not know.

4. The "unknown" quadrant represents things that neither I know about myself, nor you know about me.

Was doing some thinking about relationships in the Church Council. Could this provide some 'help'? Might need to find some elucidation?

No comments: